1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2010 10:23 AM by Ned Murphy

Need help inserting flash movie into article...

neanthony

I inserted video into flash movie. I loaded the .swf & .fla files onto a server and went into the properties in the flash movie and pointed to the server to pull the .fla file & the movie controls .swf file.  I can preview the movie in flash with no problem.

I am wanting to use the object code that was created as part of the .html file that was generated by flash and insert this into an article to display the video.  I path the .swf file in the object code to point to where it resides on the server but the video will not play using just the object code. Is there a way to do this using just a object or embed code without the need for scripts?

(I am using CS4 version)

• 1. Re: Need help inserting flash movie into article...
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If the swf file does not reside in the same folder as the html page that loads it, then if the video is dynamically loaded into the Flash file, chances are the targeting in the swf needs to be adjusted.  If the swf files just targets the video by its filename alone, try putting the video file in the same folder as the html file and see if it gets loaded.