Expand my Community achievements bar.

need help understanding why client is not updating

Former Community Member

I have two scenarios.  One works one and one does not and I cannot determine the underlying reason.  I open two clients make a change in one.  The second client is updated nicely with first scenario and doesn't update with second scenario.

This works:

[Managed]

Document

var uuid:String;

var parts:ArrayCollection;

[Managed]

DocumentPart

var value:String

data-management-config.xml:

<destination id="com.hp.ds.document.DocumentImpl">
   <metadata>
      <identity property="uuid"/>
      <one-to-many property="parts" destination="com.hp.ds.document.DocumentPart"/>
   </metadata>

:

<destination id="com.hp.ds.document.DocumentPart">
   <metadata>
   </metadata>

When I make a change to a DocumentPart, the other client is updated successfully.  When I set a breakpoint in the value setter for DocumentPart.  I get three hits.  The first hit creates a new DocumentPart and the value is the previous value.  The second hit creates a new DocumentPart and the value is the new value.  The third hit is on my original DocumentPart and it contains the new value and the client is updated correctly.

This does not work:

[Managed]

Document

var chapter:DocumentChapter;

[Managed]

DocumentChapter

var parts:ArrayCollection;

[Managed]

DocumentPart

var value:String

data-management-config.xml:

<destination id="com.hp.ds.document.Document">
   <metadata>
      <one-to-one property="parts" destination="com.hp.ds.document.DocumentChapter"/>
   </metadata>

:

<destination id="com.hp.ds.document.DocumentChapter">
   <metadata>
      <one-to-many property="parts" destination="com.hp.ds.document.DocumentPart"/>
   </metadata>

:

<destination id="com.hp.ds.document.DocumentPart">
   <metadata>
   </metadata>

When I make a change to a DocumentPart, the other client is not updated.  When I set a breakpoint in the value setter for DocumentPart.  I get only two hits.  The first hit creates a new DocumentPart and the value is the previous value.  The second hit creates a new DocumentPart and the value is the new value.  I never see the third hit, as above, and so my original DocumentPart is not updated.

0 Replies