13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 6:52 AM by gloftis55

8.0.1 Update Question

gloftis55 Level 1

I had downloaded and installed the update when it became available or so I thought. I saw the post about the update and read the reply. I also went to C:Prgram files/adobe/Premiere Elements 8.0. When I looked at the dates on any of the .dll's, all the dates were 9/8/09. So I thought well I didn't have the update,so I downloaded it, but when I tried to install it, a window immediately popped up and read that my software already had the update. Do I need to remove PE 8 and reinstall and try the update again? Thanks.

• 1. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are none of your .dll's dated 2010?

Take a look at Visual.dll. If it's dated 2010, you have the update.

• 2. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
            gloftis55 Level 1

There's not a visual.dll file in my PE8  folder. There are plenty of other .dll

's but no Visual.dll. Everything under PE8 is dated 9/8/09. Thanks

• 3. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question

My mistake.

Look at UIFramework.dll or Startup.dll.

If those have not been updated and you can not install the update, you may need to uninstall and reinstall your program. Something went wrong somewhere. (Don't worry. You won't lose any work in progress when you uninstall.)

• 4. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                gloftis55 Level 1

Thanks for the info Steve. I have those dlls but the date is

9/8/09. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the program and then install the 8.0.1update. Thanks again.

• 5. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question

The good news is that, once you do get the update, you'll find the program much more responsive and stable.

• 6. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                    gloftis55 Level 1

Well I've uninstalled PE8, restarted computer, installed the update, it

installed successfully, restarted computer, checked dll's in PE8 folder, they

still show the 9/8/09 dates (checked the startup.dll and the other you mentioned

first) all the dlls have the 09 date . I'm ready to give it up. This is perhaps

the worst version of any program Adobe has put out. Any word on when a totally

revamped and fixed version 9 will be out?

• 7. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Any word on when a totally revamped and fixed version 9 will be out?

Historically, new versions of PrE come out annually, in the Autumn, prior to the Holiday shopping season. Will this loose schedule hold for PrE 9? The people who know, cannot say, due to their NDA's. We just have to wait for an announcement date, and then see what was included, deleted, or changed.

Usually, the first indicators are "pre-order" forms on Amazon, or at the Adobe Store. Often, a release date will soon be announced on those sites.

Good luck, and sorry that the update is not taking for you.

Hunt

• 8. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                        gloftis55 Level 1

Thanks for the info. I've uninstalled and reinstalled PE8 three times now, after

every reinstall, I download the update and it runs it and reads that it

successfully installs, but when I check the dlls in PE8, it still has the 9/8/09

dates on all. Am i missing something? I restart the computer after the uninstall

and then I reinstall and restart, run the update and restart-nothing works. Now

after all those reinstalls , when I open up a new or existing project it tells

me my system is running very low on memory and to proceed with caution. I don't

see how that is possible, I'm running 3 gb of memory, the application is on a

150gb, 10,000 rpm HD with over 15 gb of free space, my processor is an i7 , and

I have a beefed up ATI video card. Any clues??? Help needed. Thanks

• 9. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                          nealeh Level 5

Download the patch file from Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update to your desktop. After download right-click the file and select 'Run As Administrator'. Note that running as a user with Administrator rights is *not* the same as running as Administrator.

Cheers,
                          --
                          Neale
                          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 10. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                            gloftis55 Level 1

Thanks Neale, I'll give it a shot this evening. Any suggestions is worth a try

at this point. I'll let you know

• 11. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                              gloftis55 Level 1

I tried it as you suggested. It read that the product is updated, but when I

look in the PE8 folder all the drivers still read the original date 9/8/09.

Thanks anyway.

• 12. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                                nealeh Level 5

You don't have PRE running while running the patch? If so exit it first. Try installing and run Adobe Acrobat Reader (you may already have this installed) and run the update from there - it searches for updates to all Apple products.

The only other suggestion I can think of is to find someone with the 2010 8.0.1 dll files and copy them over the 2009 ones.

Cheers,
                                --
                                Neale
                                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 13. Re: 8.0.1 Update Question
                                  gloftis55 Level 1

No PE wasn't running. Thanks for the info.