13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2010 4:28 PM by the_wine_snob

New Blue Presets

ChanceDogUSA Level 1

Hay Room,

I have Premiere Elements 4.0 that have the cool presets by New Blue, Actually the only good presets in the program are the New Blue. Recently I upgraded to to CS5 pro. I notice the cs5 program doesn't have the New Blue presets. I have tried to copy the presets to Cs5 although this didn't work. Anyone know how or where to download from, or how to instruct the correct method the copy the presets to CS5?

Thanks in advance

ChanceDogUSA

• 2. Re: New Blue Presets
          ChanceDogUSA Level 1

Awesome response and lightening fast! Thanks Shooternz, I'm downloading now over my morning Coffee

• 3. Re: New Blue Presets
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Please report on your success with the NewBlueFX in CS5.

I would doubt that the 32-bit FX from PrE would ever work in CS5, so you would most likely need to buy the 64-bit versions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: New Blue Presets
              Dailey Pike Level 1

Video FX 1 included "Flash Remover"

Program installed properly but "Flash Remover" had absolutely no effect on removing the flashes in footage from the 5D Mark II CMOS sensor.

I mean nothing, zero, zip.

I tried all three presets, Bright, Dim, Typical.

Anyone have success with the Flash Remover?

• 5. Re: New Blue Presets
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I also have my doubts. Elements uses presets, CS5 plugins.

• 6. Re: New Blue Presets

Sorry never tried it, but could you not just cut out 1 or 2 frames?

• 7. Re: New Blue Presets
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

That is exactly what I do. Only problem can be if one has also recorded music during that Clip If the situation is one where the audience would expect strobes, I then just add an SFX of a camera to the Audio, so that the audience knows what has happened. I have amassed dozens of different camera shutter sounds, and even old flashbulb "pops" if I am doing a period piece. In my surround sound stage, I will even place the SFX source to approximate the position of the camera with the strobe/flash.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: New Blue Presets
                      ChanceDogUSA Level 1

Hello Ann & Bill,

I have just tried the desired New Blue presets in the CS5 Pro as recommended by ShooternZ, and they work perfectly! Just what was missing from the cheaper Elements!

The ones in question were the "Motion Blends" presets. Out of the hundreds of presets that came with CS5 these are the only ones that really give a professional transition for the desired effect especially the Roll, Shake, Shear & Zoom. All giving fast effective professional transitions. Actually it took me by surprise they weren't installed on the CS5 disc. Thanks to ShooternZ problem solved.

Now regarding the flashes & sound issue. If it were me (and I have done this in the past) I would duplicate the video & Sound layer, turn of the sound in the layer you are removing the frames and use the sound from the uncut layer, obviously shutting of the video. You could also time strecth to bring the two back into alignment.

Just a thought, Hope this helps.

ChanceDogUSA

• 9. Re: New Blue Presets
                        Dailey Pike Level 1

Ann,

I did cut out the frames but thought it would be great if there was something that fixed that.

Bill,

That's a good idea, I might try that.

However, with the CMOS sensor some of the flashes just occupy the bottom half of the picture or the top half of the picture and it just looks odd. Not like a normal flash you get with a CCD sensor video camera.

• 10. Re: New Blue Presets
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

For those "problem" frames, maybe add Levels to it, and blow it out nearly completely? One could drop in some White Video, but I'd think that a heavily blown-out image would be better.

Just a thought.

Hunt

PS - though I have recorded some of my 'camera" SFX, I have acquired (some free and some for $) from many of the sources in this LIST.

• 11. Re: New Blue Presets
                            Dailey Pike Level 1

Bill,

Here's a great free SFX source.

http://www.freesound.org

• 12. Re: New Blue Presets

Ah, the dreaded rolling shutter.

Thats a bit of a pain in the ...

I assume that's why the preset does not work. It probaly just wants ccd flash.

Cance: i am surprised it worked. Happy editing.

• 13. Re: New Blue Presets
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree. That one # 3, linking to their index.

If you have any more, please post them. I try to keep that list evergreen, as it has helped many with SFX and with music. The sources do not have to be free (but free is nice), just so long as they are legit sites.

Good luck,

Hunt