2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2010 5:58 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements drops sound randomly?

DroobyTuesday

Allow me to explain my predicament. I do not record narration in Premiere Elements 8, but use Audacity, and export the narration as an MP3. However, when importing the MP3 into the timeline, the audio on the the voice over cuts out about halfway through. The sound never returns, and it stays like that when the file is exported. I have recorded several different MP3 files, all have the same problem the video is about 8 minutes long, and I have tried it while it is rendered. I checked the audio files, and all of them sound good. What can I do??

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements drops sound randomly?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like the audio clip isn't being fully conformed by the program.

The easiest solution is to convert the MP3 to a WAV file and use that instead.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements drops sound randomly?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

That DOES sound like truncation in the Conforming process, that converts the Imported Audio to 32-bit floating-point for precise editing and creates the PEK file. Allow this to complete. There is a tiny progress bar in the lower-right of the GUI, that tracks this. Just let it to complete.

Also, from Audacity, Save_As PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit and not MP3. You will have far fewer problems, and also much better Audio. MP3 is a very highly-compressed format, and creates all sorts of problems, after it strips most of the fidelity from the source file.

Good luck,

Hunt