3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2010 6:07 AM by - JM -

Merge Paths?

AlexMxi Level 1

One basic but important feature that would be very welcome is merging paths as we can do with layers. For example we have three files of objects with clipping paths and we need to combine them into one file with one clipping path for all of them. Currently that would mean starting with one path and redoing the other two or keeping all three as separate paths.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Merge Paths?
          Gyno-jiz Level 5

You can definitely merge paths. Of course separate objects can be more flexible on layout...

Maybe explain a little more about what you're trying to achieve. If path x is highlighted in doc a and you drag in path y from doc b, y will be added to x. Then you can combine them. You can also copy and paste paths into each other, and then combine them.

• 2. Re: Merge Paths?
            AlexMxi Level 1

Oh, thank you. I missed copy and paste somehow. The problem is solved.

I expected it to be at the right click menu of the path. Something like ctrl+E to merge layers.

• 3. Re: Merge Paths?
              - JM - Level 3

I was hoping that previous requests to include pathfinder tools as in AI into PS would show up in CS5.... nope.