2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2010 7:39 AM by the_wine_snob

New Project / Open Project issues

GrahamTpremiere

As a new user I have installed Premiere Elements 8 and its update. When I name a New Project, and press enter, the machine hangs (and must be closed through Task Manager). However, Explorer shows that the project file details have been saved. If the software is opened again to load that project, a window shows the loading bar followed by another alert window stating that Premiere Pro is required to open the project. (I do not have Premiere Pro!). In short, I cannot use the package because I cannot create and use a Project. Has anyone else experienced and resolved this issue? Any assistance would be welcome.

• 1. Re: New Project / Open Project issues
          nealeh Level 5

Welcome to the forum Graham,

We need to know more about your system and video footage to be able to help. Follow these basics and then post back with the information requested in the last bullet:

• Install all Windows updates
          • Install latest version of QuickTime (v7.6.6 at time of writing)
          • Install most recent graphics and sound drivers from the manufacturers web sites
          • Run Disk Cleanup
          • Run Defragmenter
          • Post back here with the necessary information described here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: New Project / Open Project issues
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Along with Neale's suggestions, take a look at this ARTICLE for tips on setting your computer up for an editing session. For Win7, be sure to look down at the bottom for the link to Black Viper's Win7 optimization page.

Good luck, and please report on your system, and your Project Preset chosen.

Hunt