4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2010 10:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Margins

zetaalpha15

I think I have an issue with the safe margins in cs5.

I have been using Premiere Elements 5.0 for the last few years and update to pro cs5 due to my new high def camera, the file I get off it are .mts format, cs5 has better support for it...anyway

When I view the .mts video in premiere after I import it, when I move it into the time line and try to edit it, its zoomed in and the top, bottom left and right are cut off, and the cut off parts are quite a bit of the origional video.

I have been looking and looking everywhere, and getting frustrated I want the 2 videos to be the same. I cant find any setting, I have changed the margins in the project settings no luck. I know there has to be a setting I am missing, can anyone help me?

Do you guys know what I am talking about?

Thanks

Bob

• 1. Re: Margins
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Bob,

With such a display, as you describe, it is often a mis-match between the source footage, and the Project/Sequence Preset.

In CS5, there is a neat new feature. Just drag one of your MTS files to the New icon (bottom of the Project Panel) and let it create a new Sequence to match that footage. Is your footage looking better, when you drag it to the Timeline? If so, then there was a mis-match.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Margins
            zetabeta15

I actually found my problem, I didnt select the proper type of video are the begining of the project. I had it set to mpeg instead of avchd 1080p/24 which is what my camera puts out, just like i said, it was something stupid I missed.`

• 3. Re: Margins
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you found the issue, and thanks for reporting on it.

The mis-match between the Sequence and the source footage is fairly common. That is what is so neat about the CS5 drag-to-New icon behavior - saves some research and some typing in Desktop, or digging through Presets.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Margins
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Some more reading, in My CS5/AVCHD 1st Impressions

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/652694?tstart=0