0 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2008 4:38 PM by tesla63

Trusted Local Flex swf files access to internet?

tesla63
      Hi All,

We're developing a desktop game client using Flex and require a local swf file to make loader calls to the Internet. I know about the sandbox issues but have read that placing a text file such as myflexapp.cfg into the C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust directory can let the Flash player know about swf files that are trusted. The file myflexapp.cfg has the absolute path to the directory location of my Flex generated swf file - which is the debug directory of my Flex project. I also tried targeting the swf file explicitly rather than the entire directory.

When I test, the swf file continues to just quietly fail to load any resources from the internet. Also, I do not get any warning dialogs telling me that a swf file is trying to access the internet and if I wish to allow it. Have I missed something? has anyone had any success with using the Global Flash Player Trust directory to allow a local Flex generated swf file access to the internet? Also I cannot see the mms.cfg file in the C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash directory as is described in the Adobe Flex 3 Help chapter "Overview of permission controls".

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Regards
      Tom