3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2010 4:12 AM by nealeh

PE7 error (cannot open project):  ..\..\Src\Video\VideoSegment.cpp-55

BLbuddy

I am a rookie with PE7 and definitely not very tech-savvy compared to most on this forum, but I came to this site looking for assistance with a PE7 video project I have been working on for the last several weeks and now I'm afraid I have lost.  When I attempt to open the project, I get an error message saying "Premier Elements has encountered an error [..\..\Src\Video\VideoSegment.cpp-55]."  When I click "continue", another error box pops up saying "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the applicant's support team for more information."  When I click "OK", another box pops up and says "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  I have rebooted my computer several times and get this message every time.  Regrettably, I made the rookie mistake of not backing up my project file and now am afraid I will lose my hours of work.  I was about 1-2 hours from being done with this project and was supposed to submit it to an NGO this week.  Can't believe it crashed at this point.  Any ideas on how I might be able to get back into this file so I can recover my work?

The project is a 25 minute documentary using multiple HD video clips, still photos, titles, and mp3 audio.  Below is the information I heard I was supposed to post.  If there is other information needed, please let me know.  Again, I am not well-versed in computer lingo, so if there is other information I need to hunt down, any help on where to look for it, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your help.

DxDiag

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 8/15/2010, 21:00:30

Machine name: COSETTEY-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 1420                  

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A09

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5450  @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Memory: 2038MB RAM

Page File: 2041MB used, 2274MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic

Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name COSETTEY-PC

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model Inspiron 1420

System Type X86-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5450  @ 1.66GHz, 1667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A09, 7/11/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"

User Name Cosettey-PC\Cosette

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB

Available Physical Memory 907 MB

Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB

Available Virtual Memory 2.72 GB

Page File Space 2.28 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------

• 1. Re: PE7 error (cannot open project):  ..\..\Src\Video\VideoSegment.cpp-55
          the_wine_snob Level 9

For C++ Runtime errors, this Adobe KB Article might be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: PE7 error (cannot open project):  ..\..\Src\Video\VideoSegment.cpp-55
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is an Adobe KB Article specific to Elements. Not sure how they differ.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PE7 error (cannot open project):  ..\..\Src\Video\VideoSegment.cpp-55
              nealeh Level 5

Concerning your .prel failure PRE will have created backup copies of your .prel in the folder "Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save" under your main project folder. Copy these to a temporary folder and see if they open correctly. If they do, I recommend the very first action you take is to export your project to an AVI or HDV format. These are then available to import into any PRE project.

Some basics:

• Install all Windows updates
              • Install latest version of QuickTime (v7.6.6 at time of writing)
              • Install most recent graphics and sound drivers from the manufacturers web sites
              • Run Disk Cleanup
              • Run Defragmenter
              • Post back here with the necessary information described here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

Some Specifics:

• What project preset are you using?
              • Where are you getting those HD clips from and what format are they (use Gspot linked in the Got a Problem Link)?
              • Check the reolution of your still photos. Ideally they should match your expected output (or a little larger if you want to pan & zoom). Use a Photo editor (Photoshop Elements is ideal if you have it) to resize.
              • Convert your MP3 files to WAV 48,000Hz 16bit and import those into the project. Wait and do nothing until conforming finishes (the bar at the bottom right of the screen shows progress).
              • Your PC is seriously underpowered for HD in PRE (2GB RAM and only dual 1.66GHx processors. With only 2GB RAM and only 1GB free I think it likely that you have several background processes running. Examine what you have and exit (or kill with task manager) as much as you can. Temporarily disable real-time processing of your anti-virus/anti-spyware software.
              • How many hard disks do you have and how much (defragmented) free space are on them?

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children