Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 8 Data Management Gateway - Multi Instance, Mutli Server

Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about setting up the Data Management Gateway with LiveCycle embedded in each ColdFusion instance.  The setup is as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server 1 (Lets say this IP is 10.0.0.230 [domain.testing.com])

Instance Names:

01_CF_Instance_01 (Clustered with 01_CF_Instance_02) -> Embedded LCDS with ColdFusion Assemblers, DAO's, and Models

01_CF_Instance_02 (Clustered with 01_CF_Instance_01) -> Embedded LCDS with ColdFusion Assemblers, DAO's, and Models

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server 2 (Lets say this IP is 10.0.0.240 [domain.testing.com])

Instance Names:

02_CF_Instance_01 (Clustered with 02_CF_Instance_02) -> Embedded LCDS with ColdFusion Assemblers, DAO's, and Models

02_CF_Instance_02 (Clustered with 02_CF_Instance_01) -> Embedded LCDS with ColdFusion Assemblers, DAO's, and Models

The scenario exists as follows:

- I want to be able to have an update from ColdFusion on any 1 of these instances update any Flex application listening for updates from any of the embedded LCDS instances. 

The way it works now is if a user that is on 01_CF_Instance_01 does an update to the database, the Data Management Event Gateway configured on this instance hits the embedded LCDS install on that instance.  I want it to send the update to all embedded LCDS installs for all 4 instances.

I know that I have to set the host and allowedIPs for the flex-data-management-gateway.cfg that each one of my Event Gatways is configured with, however the updates never come through to any other instance of LCDS. 

If I do the following for the Event Gateway .cfg file on instance 01_CF_Instance_01,

host=localhost

allowedIPs=10.0.0.230,10.0.0.240

it hits the embedded LCDS install just fine, but no others will get the update.  Since two of the instances will always be on localhost for any given instance, will specifying localhost hit both instances on localhost? 

All of my Data Management Destinations have the same name, myDest.  Are there going to be conficts with the destination name for instances on the same server?

Can anyone help me sort out these issues?

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 17, 2010 Aug 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think the LCDS integration in CF is meant for this. At the very least it is not documented since it is actually against the (most common interpretation of the) license to run multiple instances of LCDS Express on one server.

But I see two ways to do it:

1. In CF make sure you configure 4 gateways, one talking to the LCDS Express on each node. Then call all 4 gateways. This presumes your LCDS Express installs are talking to different databases.

2. Cluster your LCDS servers so they propagate updates to eachother. You are probably better off asking in the LCDS forums about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation