1 person found this helpful
To edit the Flash file you have to do so using the .fla source file. That is used to create the swf file that ends up on the web site. You'll have to dig in, see how things were designed, and plug away at trying to change the content.
check if the content is determined by xml file(s). if yes, edit the xml. if not, you'll need to edit the fla.
Check if the files that you have, end with the extension.fla
If the files have the extension SWF...then tough luck.
Open the FLA files in Flash. If the flas were created in a newer version of flash, than what you have, then you may not be able to open the same untill you upgrade your flash version.
Hope that helps
Hi Renee. I am the original designer of this site. I have the source files. And NO you cannot edit the swf file.
And just so you and everyone knows, this company you work for has scammed me and took me for a ride with all of the hard work I put into creating this site. Your company NEVER paid me for my services! This site has been up for about 10 months now, and I cannot get your unprofessional owner to pay me one dime of what was a very minimal cost to her! In fact it is worth more than what she offered me. But I took it for the experience, and boy did I get an experience! And here you are looking for a way to copy my work. I don't know if you were aware of this, but Lisa took advantage of me and should be ashamed of such business practices. She has taken advantage of others as well, at least another associate of mine I know for a fact was taken advantage of too. You should be very careful working for this woman if you are a freelancer, because you may just fall victim as well.
It is very disheartening, to say the least, when graphic designers, web designers, etc. get taken advantage of. It's a matter of principle. We all work hard to provide the best quality services to our clients. Then when our clients screw us over, it hurts really bad! Your company made money off of this site. I got nothing! I hope you don't get scammed! Be careful with this lady you work for! She will certainly screw you over!
So sorry, but I am the only one that can help you right now, and I am not giving up any source files until I get paid!
Yikes... sorry to hear that Laura
Happens all the time. I wish a list of such unprofessional ppl could be maintained online and referred to before joining them
Your work is nice... keep up
i suspect we've all been cheated at one time or another, at least, if you undertake enough free-lance jobs, you're bound to encounter an unethical client along the way.
with clients that i've not established a trusting relationship, for large projects, i require 50% payment to start a project and the final 50% upon completion. i can still end up completing a project for 1/2 of what i should have received but that's better than none
for small (under $50) projects, i require full payment to start.
in addition, your dead-beat clients should be turned-over to a collection agency. if your client is a business that's not gone bankrupt you have a good chance of recovering about 75% of your charges. the collection agency will keep the other 25%.
and even if they don't collect, having an unpaid bill will have an impact on the client's credit rating which will help other free-lancers (if they run a credit check) and may cost them money if they get a loan within 7 years of being reported.
Thank you Vikas! I appreciate it!
And you're right! We need a place to report these people so that no others will get taken advantage of. It's so disrespectful and just plain wrong!
I am a good person. I take pride in what I do. I put my all into everything I do and only want to give my best at all times. I gave this company the benefit of the doubt and was very patient with all of the excuses they gave me. But enough is enough! It really hurts to be taken advantage of. I will be more cautious next time!
Good information. I will keep this in mind.
Renee, was Lisa your "former business partner." And did she pass this Midsouth Flooring client on to you? Are you now, "AEOY?" Or do you have your own business and this client got passed on to you. If so you are going to have a heck of a time updating and maintaining this site. I don't know what your relationship is with Lisa, but I am NOT the only one she has scammed.. Also, those files you have were created by me. I have the source files. Actually his site is based off of a stolen design now, since I have never been compensated. AEOY stole my design. Plain and simple!
If you have a new company and are servicing this client, I might be willing to help you, but not for free.