3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2007 7:15 AM by Newsgroup_User

Help with Drop Menus

Chester_22 Level 1
      I am designing a site that has multiple pages of images. (Photographer website) I added a drop menu to keep the site organized but I am now running into problems. Because of the multiple pages, whenever she wants to upload pictures I have to adjust the drop menu on like 15 pages. So I did the site over using frames thinking this would help. But no. Now the frame cuts the drop menu off.

So my question is. Is there a way to create a link or javascript that I can link to on each page and then only edit that one item. So when I go to that link/script and edit it, it will just link to all other pages that contain that link/script. I don't know if this is an easy fix, but I have just been pulling what little hair out I have.

Thanks in advance.
      Kevin
        • 1. Re: Help with Drop Menus
          Level 7
          Investigate using DW's Library items, or Templates, or ordinary Server-side
          includes. It's the only way to do it.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
          ==================

"Chester_22" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f8cqap$gra$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am designing a site that has multiple pages of images. (Photographer
          >website)
          > I added a drop menu to keep the site organized but I am now running into
          > problems. Because of the multiple pages, whenever she wants to upload
          > pictures
          > I have to adjust the drop menu on like 15 pages. So I did the site over
          > using
          > frames thinking this would help. But no. Now the frame cuts the drop menu
          > off.
          >
          > So my question is. Is there a way to create a link or javascript that I
          > can
          > link to on each page and then only edit that one item. So when I go to
          > that
          > link/script and edit it, it will just link to all other pages that contain
          > that
          > link/script. I don't know if this is an easy fix, but I have just been
          > pulling
          > what little hair out I have.
          >
          > Thanks in advance.
          > Kevin
          >

• 2. Re: Help with Drop Menus
            Chester_22 Level 1
            Thanks for your reply.

Could I use a layer on top of the button I want to script in the frame, and then add the drop menu to it? My client just likes the design and I want to try and keep it as close as possible. I don't know much about coding and all the technical stuff. Thats why I use dreamweaver.

Kevin
            • 3. Re: Help with Drop Menus
              Level 7
              <I don't know much about coding and all the
              > technical stuff. Thats why I use dreamweaver.>

oh, oh...

--
              steve.

"Chester_22" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:f8ctb2$khj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thanks for your reply.
              >
              > Could I use a layer on top of the button I want to script in the frame,
              > and
              > then add the drop menu to it? My client just likes the design and I want
              > to try
              > and keep it as close as possible. I don't know much about coding and all
              > the
              > technical stuff. Thats why I use dreamweaver.
              >
              > Kevin
              >