3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 9:25 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere elements 8 - Plug ins

missamr Level 1

Hi

I am wondering what plugins are available for PE 8?

Any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks

Amanda

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 8 - Plug ins
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Amanda,

There are too many to count. ProDAD offers several major ones, like VitaScene, Heroglyph and Adorage. NewBlue FX offers several too. In Audio, there are several useful VST's, but not all will work.

What exactly are you looking for? That will determine what is mentioned.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 8 - Plug ins
            missamr Level 1

Oh really??  I was looking on the Adobe website and they all had requirements of PrPro/CS5 to work. 

I am looking for two in particular... one to help with animation on fonts and one for music enhancing ie. pausing sound tracks and then starting from where it was paused and just general music enhancement.

that heroglyph one looks interesting... is it any good?

amanda

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 8 - Plug ins
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Amanda,

For the Text animation, look at BluffTitler, and ProDAD's Heroglyph. ProDAD's VitaScene might be useful, as well.

For the Audio, things will be a bit tougher, and I hope that heavy PrE users can offer some tips. There are tons of VST's available on the Internet. Some are free and some quiet expensive. The problem is that PrE can use VST plug-ins, but only some. PrPro, which supports more VST's, than PrE, can only work with some. Many will keep PrE, or PrPro from even launching. See this ARTICLE for more details. Finding which ones work in PrE will be the trick. Most VST developers are doing so for DAW's (Digital Audio Workstations) and the normal audio editing programs. Most never consider NLE's (Non Linear Editors), like PrE, so do not furnish any note on compatibility. It becomes a real trial-and-error process. That is why I hope others might have done that R & D for you, and can point you to the right ones.

As for what you are looking to do, I think you will most likely be going between an NLE and an audio-editing program, with full features, like Adobe Audition, or the great, free audio-editor, Audacity. If you look into Audacity, be sure to read the Help files on the Web site on setting it up to install VST's.

Good luck,

Hunt