2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2010 1:05 AM by hi-adobe

stabilize a pan

hi-adobe

i'm trying to stabilize a pan...naturally the track points need to be reset as they reach the borders.

i've moved the feature/search region while keeping the keyframe marker static throughout.

I apply the track but the video now goes out of the composition with each pan (as it is centered on the keyframe marker).

i want to stabilize the footage and still keep the video inside the composition, how would you recommend I handle this?

also it isn't possible to apply the stabilization to a null object is it? (besides copying and pasting keyframes)

thank you always.

• 1. Re: stabilize a pan
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          also it isn't possible to apply the stabilization to a null object is it? (besides copying and pasting keyframes)

Nop, it works as intended and as is sensible 90% of the time. your question however also contains the answer to your other problem - use Nulls and parenting to sew different tracks together, i.e. apply track a to the Null, then track B on the footage itself.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: stabilize a pan
            hi-adobe Level 1

i've been restarting the tracks (by just moving the regions), tho i understand that I could just copy them onto a hierarchy of nulls as well...but that only centers the entire footage to one point...i've had to go back afterwards and add keyframes to the Position in order to keep the panning footage from leaving the composition borders.

i understand how the left-to-right movement that IS the pan can be mistaken  for a "camera shake" by AE, but is there anyway to keep the pan footage in the composition but smooth out the shakes?