3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2010 4:23 PM by pbui98

Retrieving pictures that are not on the computer but in the album.

TamLynMac

Is there anyway to retrieve pictures from the photoshop album starter edition 3.2 if the pictures may have been erased from the computer but are still in the album?

• 1. Re: Retrieving pictures that are not on the computer but in the album.
          Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

Once the files are gone, only the residual thumbnail preview is all that is left in Photoshop Album. If that is better than nothing, you could open Starter Edition, zoom in as far as you can, and take screen shots; I think the largest preview that Album stores is 320 x 240, and any larger would introduce noise into the photo.

One nuisance to expect is that if you zoom in over 100% of preview size, then the program will prompt you to locate the original; you will have to cancel out of that, and then there will be a red icon on the bottom center of the image, which you won't be able to avoid when taking screen shots.

Sometimes, even just the thumbnail is better than losing precious photos.

-Mark

• 2. Re: Retrieving pictures that are not on the computer but in the album.
            pbui98

This morning I uploaded 750 photos from a camera SanDisk to my computer, as I have usually done in the past.

I did not check the Adobe digital photos folder before deleting them from the SanDisk. Unfortunately this time I could not find the folder with new photos in it. I looked and searched the computer I could not find my new photos.

I used the Photoshop Starter 3.0 up to now.

How can I retrieve the photos from "My Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0"? I need help.

- Peter

• 3. Re: Retrieving pictures that are not on the computer but in the album.
              Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

If you see them in Starter Edition, then click on one of the files, use the 'Properties' command to show properties, and click on the folder icon at the bottom; that will open Explorer and show you the location where Starter Edition thinks the files are.

-Mark