4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2010 8:48 AM by the_wine_snob

PE 7 & photoshop question

OregonWebfoot Level 1

Recently upgraded from PE 3 and have a question about photoshop connection.  At this point I don't see a need to access/use the photoshop feature.  I can live with the opening screen but notice that all during the cession my internet connection is down loading something at full connect speed.  Is there a way to prevent/stop the internet/photoshop connection other than my turning off the internet connection?  Have done that and didn't seem to have an adverse impact but I would prefer to not have to disconnect from internet.  At this point I've not done anything other than open the program and look at changes from my prior version.  Is it possible some kind of large file(s) being Dl'd and it will stop after file transfer is complete?

• 1. Re: PE 7 & photoshop question
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>internet/photoshop connection

I think you need to ask about Photoshop in that forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

In general, go into your options (not sure where, set mine a long time ago) and tell Adobe Updater NOT to run automatically

You will, of course, need to check for updates yourself

All Adobe updates start here and select product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

• 2. Re: PE 7 & photoshop question
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I think you may be talking about Photoshop.com, Adobe's free internet portal for displaying photos and video, backing up files, getting free tutorials and receiving new templates and themes for your programs. (In my books, I detail all of these services and the great reason for logging on to this service -- which should not be dragging on your internet connection unless your program is complete idle.)

If this is the case, just log off and it will no longer exchange data with it. You can log off from within the program by just clicking on the link that says "Hi [Your name]" at the top of the interface.

• 3. Re: PE 7 & photoshop question
              OregonWebfoot Level 1

Thanks for the reply guys but looks like I may have jumped the gun somewhat.  Prior to the original post I had turned off Web Sharing but the DL kept operating and that is when I decided to ask for help.  When I fired up the prgm after writing I noticed there was no internet activity.  Maybe a new cession was needed before the changed setting took affect.  Anyway, looks like issue is resolved.

Again, thinks for the replies.

• 4. Re: PE 7 & photoshop question
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for reporting back. Though I do not know Photoshop.com, many services will continue to run, even when Preferences are changed. That change will not appear until a reboot. I hope that is your issue here.

Good luck,

Hunt