I have an issue trying to install the PDFG IPP printer driver on a Win2008 server (Jboss turn-key). We even tried to save the install.jnlp and run javaws on a command line.
we get the following error:
Could not find the main class:
com.adobe.livecycle.pdfg.ipp.gui.IPPGui. Program will exit.
The printer installation works fine on 32-bit server and on (XP) workstations.
Has anybody seen this behaviour?
Could it be a 64-bit issue?
This is a known issue with Windows 64-bit.
As a workaround, you can install PDFG IPP Printer by following these steps:
1. Go to Control Panel > Hardware > Devices and Printers
2. Click on Add a printer to start the "Add Printer Wizard".
3. Choose the second option - Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
4. Click on The printer I want isn't installed
5. Select a shared printer by name. Type in the following URL : http://localhost:8080/pdfg-ipp/printer
6. You'll be asked for PDFG credentials (username / password) to access the printer
7. On the next screen, select any PostScript printer driver.
8. Done! You should see a dialog confirming that you've successfully installed the printer.