4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2010 9:36 PM by Chris Cox

add a stroke to pen path

eclic Level 1

When drawing a path in CS5 on anything grey I cannot really see the path the pen is making. Its different than it was in CS3 - either way it would be nice to be able to specify a color for the pen tool path as you draw it.

• 1. Re: add a stroke to pen path
          dianer_macperson Level 1

I also want that feature. I can't see the path at all when Im drawing. What happened to the black path? At least I could see that. Is this a preference now? how do I change it back to black like in all previous versions of photoshop? It looks like at grey hairline now, nearly invisible. Even zooming doesn't make it any more visible. I can't see what I'm drawing unless it's on a white area. This is not an improvement.

• 2. Re: add a stroke to pen path
            c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

I’ve read that this changed appearance is caused by Cocoa lacking options Carbon has.

Edit: Sorry, that refers to Macintosh, so if you are on Windows it has no bearing on the issue.

As a workaround I find it occasionally helps to hide one of the channels to increase a Path’s visibility in difficult regions.

• 3. Re: add a stroke to pen path
              eclic Level 1

I have read about the Cocoa/Carbon issue - I just wonder why CS5 was shipped when it was known that the pen tool is invisible on middle grey? In any case the ability to add a simple colored stroke to path would be very helpful and solve this issue.

• 4. Re: add a stroke to pen path
                Level 7

I just wonder why CS5 was shipped when it was known that the pen tool is invisible on middle grey?

Because there really wasn't another choice.