3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2010 1:28 PM by kglad

Flash Header for Page

ben37d Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to include a flash header at the top of every page of my site. I have the majority of it done but I am having difficulties creating the navigation bar that will link to the other pages. Will someone please help me figure out how to do this? I have designed the flash all on a single timeline, is this the issue? I am fairly new to flash and just have the basic understanding of tweens and some actions, so any help on creating a navigation bar that interacts within the flash header would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

• 1. Re: Flash Header for Page
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

what code are you using to link to your other pages?

• 2. Re: Flash Header for Page
            ben37d Level 1

I was trying the simple mouse overs, mouse outs, and similar options with just adding my website urls to it. This didn't seem to work and I don't know the best option when doing a navigation bar included in a flash header. Should it all be included in the same timeline or do i have to separate parts like this? Like I said, I am pretty new to more in depth flash and hadn't used it for a few years until now.

Thanks,

Ben

• 3. Re: Flash Header for Page
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you probably should rethink your entire approach.  but if you want to have several html pages, each with your flash navigation, use getURL() (as2) or navigateToURL() (as3) to load the various html pages in your browser when one of your navigation buttons is clicked.