1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 2, 2007 7:49 AM by ardivus

Error compiling library files for QuickTest Pro Automation Plugin

ardivus Level 1
      I'm trying to try out the Flex Automation Package in the Flex 3 Beta (because you don't have to have a Data services license to try it out)

I installed flex 3 beta and the automation package that came with it, but when I try to compile the library files, I get "An internal error has occurred. Please check the error log", and "Unable to load SWC automation.swc".
      The log file has "!MESSAGE Uncaught exception in compiler" as well as all kinds of other info.
      I am trying to use the Project > Properties > Flex Compiler method.

A strange thing is that I can't locally reference the swc libraries. Flex Builder is installed here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3, and the SWCs are here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\moxie\frameworks\libs, so I tried -include-libraries "sdks\moxie\frameworks\libs\automation.swc" "sdks\moxie\frameworks\libs\automation_agent.swc" "sdks\moxie\frameworks\libs\qtp.swc" and I always get the error "unable to open 'sdks\moxie\frameworks\libs\... ...swc'" If I put the entire path, that error ceases, but I see the internal error messages (listed at the beginning of my post).

for what it's worth: I tested QTP with http://examples.adobe.com/flex2/inproduct/lcds/flexstore/flexstore.html, and QTP is recognizing elements in the flex... So I'm pretty sure the testing side is set up right, I just can't compile the libraries into my own projects to test.

Has anyone else had this problem?... or can someone see where I'm screwing things up?
        • 1. Re: Error compiling library files for QuickTest Pro Automation Plugin
          ardivus Level 1
          Well... in case anyone else runs across this problem, I finally figured out how to get it to work.

I was only adding the libraries from the "Compiler" section in Project > Properties. I found that the libraries also had to be added in the "Library Path" (Go to Project > properties > Flex Build Path > Library path)

I can now test my projects with QTP.

However, I did not figure out why I can not relatively reference the libraries in the Compiler section. I still must enter the full path to the library.