0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2007 12:15 PM by Doug_West

Problems Uninstalling Studio MX 2004 Components

Doug_West
      I have been having some difficulties with my system lately. Programs have been unexpectedly quitting -- especially CS2 and now Fireworks and Flash (Studio MX 2004). I am running System 10.3.9 on a G-4, because I frequently use Classic mode, primarily so I can run Office 2001 apps (particularly Word) and an old Umax Scanner, which functions as a plugin to Photoshop 4.0.

At any rate, I tried running Norton and System Utilities without any success. So, I decided to reinstall the system, using the Archive method to preserve my Previous System. Ever since then, I am unable to launch either Flash or Fireworks. I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall, each time without success. I reinstalled version Studio MX, and both of those loaded and are running fine. I was hoping once I reloaded them and ran them, that when I reloaded the 2004 versions they, too, would run. They do not.

I know there are various files from the programs strewn throughout the system in Library and User folders, etc., but I do not know where all of them are or even what to do with them should I find them.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do in order to get Fireworks and Flash back in operating order?

Thanks a million.

Doug