2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 6:38 PM by nkolasmann

Reoccuring message "There was an error while copying to clipboard. An internal error occured".

nkolasmann Level 1

When I try to copy or highlight text, I get the message, "There was an error while copying to clipboard. An internal error occured". On each occasion I am required to click on "ok" and nothing else happens. This doesn't happen all the time, maybe one in four, more than enough to be annoying.

I am using Acrobat Pro Extended with Windows Vista. This has been happening for approximately two-three weeks and because I use adobe acrobat on a daily basis it is getting to be an irritant. If anyone has any idea of the cause or how I can be free of this happening, I would be extremely grateful.

• 1. Re: Reoccuring message "There was an error while copying to clipboard. An internal error occured".
          AlexanderTudor

This error seems to occur when the ClipBook service is not running (Windows XP). What to do?

- assuming you have Admin priviledges, open the Control Panel and go to Administrative Tools->Services

- the ClipBook service has two dependent services which may not be running: Network DDE & Network DDE DSDM

- if both are running you should be able to double-click on the ClipBook service, set starup type to Automatic, press Apply and then Start; you are done!

- if neither is running ensure that you start Network DDE DSDM first and then Network DDE; then perform the above step

It worked for me and hopefully it will for you too.

Alex

PS Shortly after writing this message I noted that despite the error the copy did indeed take place and I was able to paste the content. I do not want to undo the service mentioned above, but I cannot help thinking that it may have been a "red herring". I was prompoted to reach this conclusion because even if for a few minutes the copy and paste worked (after performing the above changes), the error returned.

Message was edited by: AlexanderTudor

• 2. Re: Reoccuring message "There was an error while copying to clipboard. An internal error occured".
            nkolasmann Level 1

I will try your suggestion. Many thanks for taking the time to help.