3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2010 8:20 PM by pwillener

Can't install Reader.

AKB300Media Level 1

Okay, so here's the run down.

I download Reader and start the installation. It makes it all the way to 100% and then I get this error message:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component
      {98CB24AD-52FB-DB5F-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}.
      HRESULT: 0x8007054F

The installer then rolls back the installation and I get a message saying that installation failed. I've downloaded the installer three or four times and no luck.

Also:

Intel 2060 CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz

Vista 32bit

2038 MB RAM

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Can't install Reader.
          atosbur Level 1

Before I suggest something, I would be interested in knowing fewer information,

1. Which version of Reader, are you trying to install?

2. Are you trying to install on a fresh machine or already you have some version of Reader installed?

3. What is the the Service Pack version on your Vista OS ?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can't install Reader.
            AKB300Media Level 1

Well, I think you identified the problem.

My laptop shows no service pack at all. Period. So I tried to run Windows Update, but keep getting error code 8000FFFF, and after a bit of digging around on the web I've realized my laptop has an issue that won't be easily resolved. Thus, I'm just going to forget about it. I have Reader working on another (better) machine, so it's not a huge deal.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this no fault to Adobe and that this stupid problem is caused by Windows Vista.

Thanks for the help.

• 3. Re: Can't install Reader.
              pwillener Level 8

Although this is not (for now) an Adobe Reader problem, try to download the Windows service packs, and install them manually.

As for the 8000FFFF error, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946414/