2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2010 8:36 AM by KarizmaticMojo

I Reinstalled Premiere Pro CS3, loaded a project I edited using CS3, and NOW I get jagged edges!

KarizmaticMojo

Hey everyone. I was using Premiere Pro CS3 to edit some footage I shot with my HPX170 in 1080i 24p Advanced. The P2 footage looked great in Premiere CS3. I upgraded to Premiere CS5, imported the same exact project into CS5 using the same 1080i 24p Advanced setting, and I got jagged stair stepping edges on the objects that were in sharp focus in my footage. Okay, I thought, I'll just reinstall Premiere Pro CS3 and continue editing the footage in CS3 since it looked normal in CS3 with no jagged edges. But, to my surprise, I'M GETTING THE SAME EXACT THING NOW IN PREMIERE PRO CS3!!!! What in the heck is up with that? How can the footage look normal when I imported and editied it before in CS3 and NOW I get jagged stair stepping edges?!!!! I even tried importing a fresh clip from the footage and that clip still has the jagged stair stepping edges. This makes no sense whatsoever! Does anyone know what's going on with this? It seems like an interlace artifact problem BUT, if that's the case, why didn't it do this the first time in Premiere Pro CS3? And trust me, I would have noticed right away if it did!