7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2007 4:22 AM by big_loner

Draft Problems

jblackburn21
      I have Contribute 3.11 and sent a user a Writer key. They created a draft and I received the notifying email. When I go to the Draft Console, nothing shows up. If I hit Refresh in the Draft Console, it appears to be synchronizing, but nothing appears in the panel. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this?
        • 1. Re: Draft Problems
          lukaro
          I don't the answer to your issue but would ask:

Can you see the draft file on the server?

Do you have all the necessary privileges on your Contribute Account to view drafts??

Rgds

lukaro
          • 2. Re: Draft Problems
            jblackburn21 Level 1
            Yes, I can see the draft on the server and yes, I have admin permissions.
            • 4. Re: Draft Problems
              jblackburn21 Level 1
              Thanks, but that didn't seem to be the issue. (I had no lock files on the local PC).
              • 5. Re: Draft Problems
                lukaro Level 1
                Hi

Sorry I can't be more specific/helpful, but your issue could be related to a difference in versions between the user and you. This is something I would investigate. If you have upgraded to 3.11 but the user hasn't, this might be causing the problem. Here's something else I found which might possibly help in your fault finding:

"You stated that whenever you use the “Send for Review” feature,<BR>itonly allows you to send the review via email and does not allow you send<BR>to other Contribute Users.<BR><BR>Several factors may cause the trouble in sending drafts for review. Here<BR>are basic troubleshooting steps:<BR><BR>1. Create a blank new page and send this for review to test if this is<BR>consistent or isolated to one file.<BR>2. Try to change owners for a draft or remove the drafts in the list.<BR>3. Remove the following files in the server that are related to the<BR>drafts:<BR>&gt; [filename].html.lck (lock file for the file you are editing)<BR>&gt; MMWIP folder (same directory as filename.html)<BR>&gt; All files in &apos;_mm\ct3beta\WIPMetaData&apos; folder<BR>&gt; User folders in _mm\ct3beta\messaging\users<BR><BR>NOTE: You will need to use another application to remove the files<BR>above.<BR><BR>If the above the solution doesn’t work, kindly follow the next steps<BR><BR>1. Close Contribute<BR>2. Go to Windows Start &gt; Run and type “regedit” without the quotes.<BR>3. Delete the key HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-[random_group_of_numbers]\Software<BR>\Macromedia\Contribute 3<BR><BR>If the trouble persists, Contribute may be encountering conflicts while<BR>sending the drafts and its other files. Please enable the “netlog”<BR>feature by<BR>following these instructions:<BR><BR>Use network I/O logging to log operations and identify problems<BR><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href=" http://www.adobe.com/go/19506">http://www.adobe.com/go/19506</a><BR><BR>You may send the log file to us by upload the log file to the following<BR>FTP location.<BR><BR>FTP: ftp://ftp-sj.adobe.com/<BR>Username: adobe-support-ul<BR>Password: welcome<BR><BR>Go to the NA folder and upload the log file using the filename:<BR>Net_IO_log_172679255<hr></blockquote><BR><BR>"

Rgds

lukaro
                • 6. Re: Draft Problems
                  lukaro Level 1
                  Also note, the above extract is only to give you some ideas, it may not relate to the particular version of Contribute you are running. You might be better off asking official Contribute tech support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/programs/contribute/?tab:contact=1

Rgds

lukaro
                  • 7. Re: Draft Problems
                    big_loner
                    dun know wat o do