• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Art in Captivate 5

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use Smart Art from PowerPoint 2010 in Adobe Captivate 5 and running into an issue. When I import the PowerPoint slides the Smart Art appears simply as an image, lacking any actual animation.

Anyone have any sort of solution? Is this even possible? I thought it was.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2010 Sep 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Coach,

I am encountering the same issue, none of the animations or transitions specific to Powerpoint 2010 display. If you try with more basic animations, such as those present in Powerpoint 2003 and 2007, they should work.

I note that when importing a presentation, Captivate converts from .pptx format to the older .ppt, which would explain why they are lost.

I hope there will be an update to allow Captivate CS5 to import Powerpoint 2010 (.pptx) natively, without having to convert - it's such a shame to lose those jazzy effects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2010 Sep 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

Well, there actually *IS* a way to preserve the snazzy effects. The way you would accomplish it would be to use Captivate to record in Full Motion Recording (FMR) mode. Then simply record the PowerPoint as you play it. You may even configure PowerPoint to play in a smaller window if you like.

Of course this would mean that any changes would need to occur in PowerPoint and you would re-record afterward to "Captivate" them. But it may be worth considering.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang. Wish I'd a known this before spending hours creating buch of spiffy slides containing Smart Art. The import of the PPT slides fails. Mega bummer. Now I have to dummy down the slides? Blah. Me no happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that I've done is save the Smart Art as a graphic (either the whole thing or in pieces if I want the pieces to animate seperately). Than I import the graphic and use Captivate 5's animations to jazz it up. Not ideal either, but you end up with very similar end result.

To save the smart art as separate pieces, make sure you've got the individual piece selected. You'll see a box around the entire thing AND around the piece you want. Then right-click and save it as a picture.

Kelly

"Training doesn't have to be boring!"

http://pctraininggirl.com/blog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Coach Hines,

Please report this issue in the wish form so that we can consider this issue for the later versions of Captivate.

Wish Form : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5

-nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources