2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2010 5:08 PM by cknr1

Feedback on color corrections

cknr1

While editing my newest movie I had the idea of using Color Finesse 3 to colorize the footage and making it more pleasant to watch. I'm asking you to watch the vlog and after that judge, solely on this footage, if this video is bearable to watch. Does it look good (colors), quality high enough?

[embedded video thumbnail deleted by forum host]

After watching this, would you be interested in watching more of this guy's stuff?

Thanks for answering my questions! I really appreciate the constructive feedback.

ckFTW

• 1. Re: Feedback on color corrections
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I removed the embedded video because the content isn't appropriate for this forum.

But, commenting on only the color correction:

The bright colors in the face were very bright; I'd pull those down a little, probably using the Curves effect.

The colors flicker from one moment to the next. I couldn't tell if it was because of the exposure changing in-camera or because of some keyframed color correction settings.

• 2. Re: Feedback on color corrections
            cknr1 Level 1

Sorry for that one, but thanks for responding. The flickers are uncontrollable. This is filmed using my built-in iSight camera on my mac. So it does everything automatically, unfortunately. I'll take a look at it and try to pull down the brightness in the next one. I'll upload a still next time instead of the entire video, since it's kinda not safe for work.