1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2010 10:25 PM by Steve Grisetti

PRE8 automatically adding clips to Organizer

nbettinger

Can someone tell me how to stop PRE8 from automatically adding project videos to the Elements Organizer? I frequently store multiple home video clips in a temp folder until I create a single, edited video to keep. The temp folder is not on the Organizer's list of Watched Folders.  Once I add the individual clips to a project, PRE8 adds them to the Organizer. Then, when I open PE8, it lists these files and creates thumbnails. Frequently, this causes PE8 to crash. I always end up having to go through and delete these files from the Organizer.  Seems like there should be a way to turn this off.  I appreciate any help. Thanks.

• 1. Re: PRE8 automatically adding clips to Organizer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There is no way to stop the Organizer from automatically adding clips to your Organizer catalog. That's how the programs are designed to function.

Have you gone to Edit/Preferences and turned off the Auto Analyzer? If you've done that and are still seeing regular crashes, it could indicate a hardware or operating system issue that you'll need to fix. This simple operation shouldn't cause a crash.