Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with cfexecute in 7.0.2 on solaris

Jul 30, 2007 Jul 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've recently upgraded from 6 to 7.0.2 and one bit of code has stopped working. The majority of one of the sites is accessed via http, however, there are a limited number of documents that require users to be logged in. The application then creates a temporary symbolic link from the "regular (i.e. unsecure)" location to a different doc root that forces the page to be served via https.

This worked fine on 6 but on 7 gives "java.io.IOException" when it gets to the cfexecute that creates the sym link. The directory permissions are the same, as are the user and group. I still have the old server available and verified that first thing. I've also made sure that the cfexecute tag is enabled in the administrator.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2007 Jul 31, 2007
I've figured out the problem that was causing the error. The cfexecute command is more strict in 7 than 6 (previously I had the entire "ln -s source/file destination/file" in the name attribute) I split the command so that name="ln" arguments="-s source/file destination/file" and that got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 31, 2007 Jul 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've figured out the problem that was causing the error. The cfexecute command is more strict in 7 than 6 (previously I had the entire "ln -s source/file destination/file" in the name attribute) I split the command so that name="ln" arguments="-s source/file destination/file" and that got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation