We've recently upgraded from 6 to 7.0.2 and one bit of code
has stopped working. The majority of one of the sites is accessed
via http, however, there are a limited number of documents that
require users to be logged in. The application then creates a
temporary symbolic link from the "regular (i.e. unsecure)" location
to a different doc root that forces the page to be served via
This worked fine on 6 but on 7 gives "java.io.IOException"
when it gets to the cfexecute that creates the sym link. The
directory permissions are the same, as are the user and group. I
still have the old server available and verified that first thing.
I've also made sure that the cfexecute tag is enabled in the
I've figured out the problem that was causing the error. The
cfexecute command is more strict in 7 than 6 (previously I had the
entire "ln -s source/file destination/file" in the name attribute)
I split the command so that name="ln" arguments="-s source/file
destination/file" and that got it working.