6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2011 8:08 AM by Bubba Survivorman

Dynamic Link Error..driving me crazy

Cactusontopofwater

I have Adobe After Effects cs4 and now just recently Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. I cannot import or export projects to one another for editing. I keep getting these dynamic link errors. Is there a solution to this?

• 1. Re: Dynamic Link Error..driving me crazy
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As far as I know (could be wrong... someone will come along to correct me) Dynamic Link is configured when you install CS5

Therefore, you may not be able to use part CS4 and part CS5

But, as I said, I could be wrong

• 2. Re: Dynamic Link Error..driving me crazy
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Get the whole suite. Dynamic Link only works within a suite, not with different applications like AE CS4 and PR CS5.

• 3. Re: Dynamic Link Error..driving me crazy
              creazer Level 1

Hi. I agree with the last two posts, however, I also think you should try this:

1. Close all Adobe applications.
              2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe
              Premiere Pro CS4. (If you installed Premiere Pro CS4 in a location other
              than the default of C:\Program Files\Adobe, then navigate to your custom
              installation location.)
              3. Right-click on Adobe Premiere Pro.exe (which might appear without
              the .exe extension) and choose Create Shortcut.
              4. Rename the newly created shortcut to just Premiere.

Important: The name of the shortcut must be exactly Premiere with
              no other characters.

5. Open a second Windows Explorer window, and navigate to C:\Program
              Files\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink.
              6. Move the Premiere shortcut that you created into the dynamiclink
              folder.

Please let me know if it works. I think I had the same issue you did and did the above and it was fixed.

• 4. Re: Dynamic Link Error..driving me crazy
                Colin Brougham Level 6

Please let me know if it works. I think I had the same issue you did and did the above and it was fixed.

It won't work, and you probably didn't have the same issue. As Harm mentioned above, Dynamic Link is a "perk" you receive for purchasing the Production Premium bundle; it's not available when you purchase Adobe apps individually, even if you purchase PPro CS5 and AE CS5. Since the OP mentioned After Effects CS4 and Premiere Pro CS5 specifically, that would indicate that he/she did not purchase the bundle, and therefore Dynamic Link will not be available... ever. The "fix" you posted is for a bug in the legacy version of CS4, and will not magically enable DL.

• 5. Re: Dynamic Link Error..driving me crazy
                  jeremy d. Level 3

Yup

(err, Nope, I guess. You need the suite.)

Colin Brougham wrote:

It won't work, and you probably didn't have the same issue. As Harm mentioned above, Dynamic Link is a "perk" you receive for purchasing the Production Premium bundle; it's not available when you purchase Adobe apps individually, even if you purchase PPro CS5 and AE CS5. Since the OP mentioned After Effects CS4 and Premiere Pro CS5 specifically, that would indicate that he/she did not purchase the bundle, and therefore Dynamic Link will not be available... ever. The "fix" you posted is for a bug in the legacy version of CS4, and will not magically enable DL.

• 6. Re: Dynamic Link Error..driving me crazy
                    Bubba Survivorman

Wow, wish I would have known this before I upgraded.  the MAIN reason I upgraded was so I COULD perform this function.  This should be printed in BOLD on the upgrade website so people like me do not get suckered in.  I do not need the other programs that come with the suite...we should not be punsihed for that.  Perk lololol  ridiculas.