5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2010 11:03 AM by the_wine_snob

New guy needs help adding menu...

Chirp6454

Thanks for any help.  I figured out how to create a title page with scenes but how do I combine that with the movie? I have created a movie with a video file in PE8 and I have created a title page with scenes but when I play back the movie in Windows Media Player or similar I don't see the scene page. How do I combine the two?

• 1. Re: New guy needs help adding menu...
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about a Scene Selection Menu of a DVD?

How did you create this "title page?"

What do you want the "title page" to do?

If you are talking about a Scene Selection Menu for a DVD, there is a lot more that goes into such, than just an image. Before we go into some long, and involved steps, it will be helpful to know what you have, and what you want it to do.

Thanks, and good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: New guy needs help adding menu...
            Chirp6454 Level 1

Thanks... Yes I mean adding a 'scene menu' to a DVD. I used one of the stock scenes that comes with PE8 and I was able to make it all work in preview mode with the scene function working but when I saved the movie and then watched it in Media Player all I got was the video file--no scene menu.

• 3. Re: New guy needs help adding menu...
              the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, those DVD Menus are for a Project that you Burn to DVD, or Burn to Folder (DVD only and not available in BD). Then, one would play the resulting VIDEO_TS folder (and the included IFO, BUP and VOB files) in a DVD software player, like CyberLink's PowerDVD, MediaPlayer Classic HC, or a properly equipped version of WMP. Note: MS took out the ability to play any non-commercial DVD's from WMP, sometime back. One had to install a plug-in, if they could find one. Do not know if MS has put the DVD capability back into WMP.

To recap, just Exporting/Sharing the Timeline as an AV file will NOT include the Menus. They are ONLY for DVD's/BD's.

Hope that helps and good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: New guy needs help adding menu...
                Chirp6454 Level 1

Thanks! I assume then that if I save it in this fashion it will

work in a DVD player also?

• 5. Re: New guy needs help adding menu...
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

If you Burn to Disc, or Burn to Folder and then use a burning app., like ImgBurn to do the physical Burn from the VIDEO_TS folder, you are correct. That disc will play in a DVD player hooked to a TV, or from a DVD drive on a computer, with proper DVD player software.

In PrE, that DVD is what you are Previewing. If you just Share/Export as an AV file, that navigation, and all Menus, are not included.

Good luck,

Hunt