2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2010 5:23 PM by dorismaep

Full Motion Recording

dorismaep Level 1

Is full motion recording an accurate method for recording software application interactions?

• 1. Re: Full Motion Recording
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

Please mention the version of CP you are using, and be a little bit more elaborate in your questions.

Personally I never use Full Motion Recording and have done quite a lot of software tutorials since years. There are several reasons for my choice:

• editing of FMR is much more limited than editing of static slides
          • quality of FMR to be acceptable you have to use 32-bit which lead to big filesizes
          • interaction is not possible, and after several surveys with the users of my tutorials I concluded that interaction is really needed

I will however insert small FMR-clips in the tutorials, whenever necessary. Those are the moments that are also choosen when you capture in Automatic mode: for drag-and-drop and mouse wheel actions. You can also force a FMR during capture by using the shortcut keys F9 (switch to FMR) and F10 (stop FMR and go back to normal recording mode).

Lilybiri

• 2. Re: Full Motion Recording
            dorismaep Level 1

I am using CP4. Thanks for the feedback. I am new to the forum. I just joined on yesterday.