• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Motion Recording

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is full motion recording an accurate method for recording software application interactions?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2010 Aug 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please mention the version of CP you are using, and be a little bit more elaborate in your questions.

Personally I never use Full Motion Recording and have done quite a lot of software tutorials since years. There are several reasons for my choice:

• editing of FMR is much more limited than editing of static slides
  • quality of FMR to be acceptable you have to use 32-bit which lead to big filesizes
  • interaction is not possible, and after several surveys with the users of my tutorials I concluded that interaction is really needed

I will however insert small FMR-clips in the tutorials, whenever necessary. Those are the moments that are also choosen when you capture in Automatic mode: for drag-and-drop and mouse wheel actions. You can also force a FMR during capture by using the shortcut keys F9 (switch to FMR) and F10 (stop FMR and go back to normal recording mode).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2010 Aug 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using CP4. Thanks for the feedback. I am new to the forum. I just joined on yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources