1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2010 12:03 PM by MichaelKazlow

Windows Closes

phoeby25

When I try to open a PDF file, the error message "Internet Explorer has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  I have correctly downloaded and installed Adobe version 9.3.3 in Windows 7.  I have tried opening files on two different websites and am getting the same problem.  I went so far as to contact one company and they told me that their files run in Adobe 7, but I can't find that download for my o/s.  This company happens to be my health benefits provider, so I would like to have access to the various forms they provide online.  Any suggestions on how to correct this issue are appreciated.

• 1. Re: Windows Closes
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

1. If you right click the url of the pdf file you want to view, you can download it to your hard drive. Then open it directly in Reader. If there is a problem downloading the file now, the problem is not the fault of Reader. This can work as a temporary work around.

2. Reader 7 is not Windows 7 compatible. Any file they provide that works with Reader 7 should work with Reader 9.3.3.

3. If you think there is a problem with Reader, you can first try to repair the installation (look under the help menu).

If that doesn't work, you can try to uninstall and re-install Reader.