2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2007 7:46 AM by newmfa

2 questions

newmfa Level 1
      Hi..
      I have 2 questions:

1-in the begining of my director project, there is AVI movie for my logo,
      this AVI movie is an external file and compressed with "Cinepak Codec By Radius"
      I hope know..is this AVI movie will work on any PC and on any system without additional installed
      or additional codecs..?

2- when publish my dir movie all letters on window title bar converted into CAPITAL letters..what is the reason..?

regards
      newmfa
        • 1. Re: 2 questions
          Level 7
          Hi newmfa

> 1-in the begining of my director project, there is AVI movie for my logo,
          > this AVI movie is an external file and compressed with "Cinepak Codec By
          > Radius"
          > I hope know..is this AVI movie will work on any PC and on any system without
          > additional installed
          > or additional codecs..?

The Cinepak is a very old codec. While it will not offere the best compression
          and quality as newer ones, it should ensure it plays on all PCs, even very old
          ones, without additional software requirements.

> 2- when publish my dir movie all letters on window title bar converted into
          > CAPITAL letters..what is the reason..?

Are you using Director MX 2004? If so, in the Display Template, you'll see the
          'Title' property. Enter the text you want in the titlebar there. If you don't
          enter any title text. the text diplayed will be the name of the projector.

regards
          Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
          http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
          http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
          email: d.utian@unsw.edu.au

• 2. Re: 2 questions
            newmfa Level 1

p.s. this problem happened when testing on window 98 or Me only, 2000 or xp type title text well..!

i do what you say, but the same problem..

newmfa