3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2010 6:45 PM by __Jamie__x

PE8 GUI problems / Organizer crash

__Jamie__x

Hi,

I just installed the PE8 trial.

The PRE welcome prog pops up, and is cyan and magenta coloured.  This can't be right?  It looks terrible.

PE8-1.png

The organizer starts up ok.  Then I start to import files (pictures  or video), and the status says it's progressing... and then it crashes.   Submitted a crash report.

So moving right along to a project;

When  I right-click on the preview window, and select "Playback settings", I  get a dialog that is the proper looking title and border, however there  is no content inside the dialog; it is a copy of whatever was  underneath.  I can even move it around.

When I go to "Share" and I select AVI advanced settings, it also comes up with a 'see-through' dialog, with the words "Microsoft AVI" in it.

I managed to get the GUI elements to show up by dragging another window across it, but then PE8 crashed when I clicked "Codec Settings".

PE8-2.png

I am running a brand new nVidia GT-240 with poppin-fresh 258.96 drivers.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4600+

2 GB RAM

Windows XP SP3

Thanks for any feedback... as I am a little underwhelmed at the moment.

Jamie.

• 1. Re: PE8 GUI problems / Organizer crash
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Most likely it's a setting on your graphics card's driver.

But, meantime, be sure to go to the Help menu and select Check for Updates to ensure you have the program's 8.01 patch.

• 2. Re: PE8 GUI problems / Organizer crash
            nealeh Level 5

I think your QuickTime may be out of date - work through these other basics:

• Install all Windows updates
            • Install latest version of QuickTime (v7.6.7 at time of writing)
            • Install most recent sound drivers from the manufacturers web sites
            • Run Disk Cleanup
            • Run Defragmenter
            • Post back here with the necessary information described here: Got a Problem? How to Get   Started

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: PE8 GUI problems / Organizer crash
              __Jamie__x Level 1

Thanks for the help, guys.

I turned down hardware acceleration of my graphics driver, and that helped things... I was able to see the dialog content.  The crazy colours of the splash screen were still there, though.

However, as you pointed out on another thread nealeh, PE8 does not support 1080p, so I guess I don't need to finish the trial.

I may try again once PE9 comes out.

The other option is PPro CS5, but then I need to install a new 64-bit OS!  Yikes!

Thanks again,

Jamie.