0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2010 4:36 AM by amr1chards

Would anyone be prepared to look at a file for me?

amr1chards

Hi all

I've got a bit of a problem, and am a bit out of my depth... I've got Flash 8, and have been creating a web site for a friend of mine, who is a playwright - partly as a favour to him, and partly as a bit of a challenge to myself.

If you want to take a look at the site, it's here: www.danielbrian.co.uk

The problem I have is that I have created a button, which, when clicked, should lead to another page. This uses the GetURL method. All works fine in IE, but not in any other browsers - I've tried Opera, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

Having had a good look around various forums, I've read lots of posts about a bug in Firefox, and lots about how it's probably a pop-up blocker. I don't think it's the pop-up blocker issue, as there doesn't appear to be any attempt to open a page. And unfortunately, the other solutions I've seen get very quickly (within about 2 lines, normally!) beyond my comprehension, as I know no Javascript or ActionScript, beyond what Flash will write on my behalf!!

I promised my friend that I'd do this for him some months ago now, when my own business (not in web design!) was quiet, but now I'm rather busier and much as I'd love to, I can't spend the time learning ActionScript to a level where I can put this right....

Would anyone be prepared to take a look at the .fla file for me and see where I'm going wrong? I can't, I'm afraid, afford to pay a web developer to do so on a commercial basis, but I'll happily make a donation to a charity of your choice if you can help... I just feel bad that I promised to get this done and now can't!

Thanks in advance.

Andrew