8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2010 11:06 PM by TomCreo

problem with SWFLoader

TomCreo

hi i have problem with swfLoader in flex, when i close following code in click method i can easly add many swf to main application

<mx:VBox id="content" width="100%" height="100%" ></mx:VBox>

<mx:Button click="doIT()">

public function doIT():void

{

var swfLoader1:SWFLoader = new SWFLoader;

swfLoader1.source = "DayProfileElement.swf";

swfLoader1.percentHeight = 100;

swfLoader1.percentWidth = 100;

swfLoader1.name = "a";

swfLoader1.id = "b";

var panel1:Panel = new Panel;

panel1.percentHeight = 100;

panel1.percentWidth = 100 / 4;

panel1.name ="c";

panel1.id = "d";

panel1.addChild(swfLoader1);

content.addChild(panel1); 

}

it works when i push the button like once per second, but when i do it very fast i have following error:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert mx.core::ClassFactory@a93a671 to mx.core.IFactory.

at mx.charts.series::AreaSeries/get legendData()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\datavisualisation\src\mx\charts\series\ AreaSeries.as:327]

at mx.charts.chartClasses::ChartBase/get legendData()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\datavisualisation\src\mx\charts\chartCl asses\ChartBase.as:1161]

at mx.charts::Legend/populateFromArray()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\datavisualisat ion\src\mx\charts\Legend.as:666]

at mx.charts::Legend/commitProperties()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\datavisualisati on\src\mx\charts\Legend.as:449]

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framewor k\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5807]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\fr amework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:539]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects \framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:659]

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framew ork\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8628]

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framewo rk\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8568]

when i close adding those swfs in loop i have the same error, it looks like child apps couldn't access

certain objects that were instantiated by another child app, so what can i do?

• 1. Re: problem with SWFLoader
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Put those classes in an RSL or module and load it into the main app domain.

See the "shared code" module in the examples with the modules post on my

blog.

• 2. Re: problem with SWFLoader
            TomCreo Level 1

i try , but when i put chart inside module, it won't render, not displays.

• 3. Re: problem with SWFLoader

Check out the modules presentation on my blog.  You can pre-load some

classes (the ones that are being shared) then the sub-apps can load after

and share those classes.  In the blog post I show how to do it for modules,

but the technique will work for sub-apps too.

--

Alex Harui

Flex SDK Team

Adobe System, Inc.

http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

• 4. Re: problem with SWFLoader
                TomCreo Level 1

i am using now modules as you said, but there is big problem with passing parameters using query String and read from loaderInfo, when i am loading two the same modules with diferent parameters, querry string is exactly the same, why? i have noticed that i have this problem only when i load modules using :

var applicationDomain:ApplicationDomain = ApplicationDomain.currentDomain;

singleModuleInfo.load(applicationDomain);

when

singleModuleInfo.load(); passing parameteres with querryString works fine

but i need ues applicationDomain cos i have problem with bug in modules with IStroke in area chart

so normal i have following error:

Error #1034: Type Coercion failed:

cannot convert mx.graphics::Stroke@205c5d61 to mx.graphics.IStroke

and when i use applicationDomain this problem disapeares, but now i have problem with passing query string in two the same modules, any help?

• 5. Re: problem with SWFLoader

Because a module only gets loaded once, and the factory generates multiple

instances.  Instead of using url params, set properties on the factory'd

instances.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: problem with SWFLoader
                    TomCreo Level 1

Thanks for Your replay, any sugestion or example how to do it?

• 7. Re: problem with SWFLoader

Hopefully before you maybe loaded the subapp via

swfLoader1.source="subapp.swf?foo=1

swfLoader2.source="subapp.swf?foo=2

And code somewhere in the Application checked parameters.foo and set foo

appropriately:

<mx:Application initialize="checkFoo()"...

<mx:Script>

public var foo:int;

private function checkFoo():void

{

foo = parameters.foo;

}

Now you just load the module once w/o parameters

private var modInfo:IModuleInfo = ModuleManager.getModule("module.swf");

And once the module is ready:

var module1:IMyModuleInterface = modInfo.factory.create();

module1.foo = 1;

And

var module2:IMyModuleInterface = modInfo.factory.create();

module2.foo = 2;

• 8. Re: problem with SWFLoader
                        TomCreo Level 1

I am complatyly not getting your way of thinkng, i done it another way, i have created interface and each module impelemnts it. Then when i load some module i cast them on this interface and load some function which this interface implements.