6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2010 10:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Now I See Why You Use Pro...

CruelRhetoric

I really like the program, and it never crashes... renders, interprets really well... one quick question though, because I haven't had time to actually investigate,  How do you render your edited video into a WMV format??? 

I normally poke around a program and find things out before I start my research, just haven't had a lot of time this week...

• 1. Re: Now I See Why You Use Pro...
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Carlton,

You might want to post to the PrPro CS5 forum, especially as much has changed in that program - kinda' like the changes in PrE 8 from previous.

For this question, you will need to Export to AME (Adobe Media Encoder). This is now a stand-alone program, and can be launched form within PrPro, or from the Desktop. Almost all Export functions have been moved there, like PrE 8 doing similar to Share. Note: some Exports are still in PrPro, rather than AME, and there is a some duplication.

For specific WMV settings, you will get a lot of feedback on those in the CS5 forum.

If you do much WMV work, you might want to try and snag a copy of the free, MS Windows Media Encoder, while it is still available. Many feel that it does a better job, than PrPro does.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Now I See Why You Use Pro...
            CruelRhetoric Level 1

As always you are an excellent source of information...  Sorry about posting in the wrong forum,  I thought PrE & PrPro ran under the same forum... LOL, I don't know why, because the two are TOTALLY different.

PrPro seems to give me everything I couldn't get in PrE!!!

Thanks A Million Hunt

• 3. Re: Now I See Why You Use Pro...
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, officially, they are in the same forum hierarchy, but are branched to sub-fora, which includes The Lounge, Hardware, and then three for various Pr products - oh, SDK is there too.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Now I See Why You Use Pro...
                CruelRhetoric Level 1

I just downloaded the MS Encoder... Nice set up they got there, I threw something in it to see exactly what it can do.  How much editing do you do at one time Hunt???? Just curious, it must be a lot due to all the nice apps you've sent my way... and what exactly is SDK?

• 5. Re: Now I See Why You Use Pro...
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

SDK = Software Development Kit... so it seems you are not a C++ programmer

As far as CS5 help... CS5 User Guides - online and PDF
                  http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for-creative-suite-5-pdf -and-html.html

• 6. Re: Now I See Why You Use Pro...
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Sometimes I am a bit swamped, but then have plenty of "down time." I also hang out in the fora, while doing things like Exports from the workstation. As I am not on CS5 yet, PrPro is held up from doing anything else, when the Exports are on-going, so I stop by to read, learn, and hopefully help someone.

I'm kinda' winding down, and now really pick the jobs that I want to work on. I plan on actually doing some more of my private Projects, as a few have been on hold far too long.

Got one Project, that's been around for almost 2 years now, and hope to finish that soon. It will probably be the last really big commercial Project that I do. Been fun, but now it takes me a full day, just to get my head back into it, when instructions come in.

Good luck,

Hunt