1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 23, 2010 10:18 PM by M_Anand

Challanges recording with Captivate 5 Windows 7 64 bits

recs

Problem No. 1:  I want to record a PowerPoint (version 2007) presentation with voice in Captivate.

It does not record individual screens (so I can edit later) but records only two screens.  When I preview, everything is there, all slides and voice. But I cant edit because it shows only two screens.

I chose demonstration and automatic.  I advance PPT with the space bar.

2.  I tried in manual so I can capture screens manually.  But the PrintScreen button doesn't capture the screens because it opens a screen capture screen so to choose the size of the caputre.  I wanted later to change the capture button from print screen to something else i the preferences but it does not give me this choice.

Please help.

Thanks.

RECS

• 1. Re: Challanges recording with Captivate 5 Windows 7 64 bits
          M_Anand Level 3

Hi there,

1. as you said,"I advance PPT with the space bar" - Captivate DOES NOT generate new slides on pressing space bar. So I would suggest you press the 'Enter' key on the keyboard to advance slides in your ppt. This would generate required number of slides.

2. I tried in manual so I can capture screens manually.  But the  PrintScreen button doesn't capture the screens because it opens a screen  capture screen so to choose the size of the caputre.  I wanted later to  change the capture button from print screen to something else i the  preferences but it does not give me this choice.

- Could you please elaborate on this?

- Do you mean you are not able to change the hotkey in the preferences dialog at Recording -> Keys:: 'To Capture a Screenshot'

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/Captivate