3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2010 8:15 PM by the_wine_snob

Preset Issues W/ PE 8

Will_Erickson.

I recently started filming with a Canon T2i which requires a different preset to fill the screen than my previous camera.  However  I am currently 1:38 into my latest edit and was wondering if I would be able to change my preset.  If not.  Is there a way that I would be able to just copy and paste my current work into a new project with the correct presets or something similar.  It has taken me 4 hours to get where I am and would hate to start over.  Please help me!!!

• 1. Re: Preset Issues W/ PE 8
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The only way to do this is to use a utility, like ClipMate, to Copy from your Timeline, and then Paste into a new Project, with the correct settings, or to possibly hack the Project file, PREL. If you chose the latter, do so with a Copy of your PREL ONLY, in case something goes very wrong. Also, I would spend a great deal of time looking at what that "new" Project should include and look like. This is not for the feint of heart, and one should be very careful and work from a Copy.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Preset Issues W/ PE 8
            Will_Erickson. Level 1

How would I go about copying and pasting with clipmate?

• 3. Re: Preset Issues W/ PE 8
              the_wine_snob Level 9

You download and install ClipMate, which is an enhancement to Windows' Clipboard. In your existing Project, you Select all Clips on the Timeline, and Copy. Then you close that Project, start a new one with the correct setting. Check that the CTI is at 00;00;00;00, and Paste. Ctrl+C is Copy, and Ctrl+V is Paste, just like in Windows.

Good luck,

Hunt