1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 8:26 AM by jaykayJK

Media Encoder Error in CS 4

kencad54321

I am using Flash CS 4, If I attempt to file>import>import video,  the import video window/dialog box opens, if I browse and select a AVI.file  I receive a dialog box telling me it is in the wrong format and to use the Launch Adobe Media Encoder button to convert to proper format. This is where problem starts.

An Adobe Media Encoder Debug Event dialog box opens, it states that "Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an error", ..\..\Scr\Init.cpp-42

the only option is to select a continue button, then an Adobe Media Encoder dialog box opens stating that "adobe media encoder has encountered a problem and must close. It wants to report the issue to Microsoft, but that doesn't help me start or repair my problem. I have created a 3 page PDF of screen images which shows the sequence of dialog boxes and messages, I have tried to locate error data files in application data files, I can find the folder but it does not contain any error txt files.

Can any one Help me with this issue, any way I attempt to open Media Encoder the results are the same.