4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2010 5:47 PM by the_wine_snob

Every exported video is flashing/flickering

hiredhand858

Hey everyone, I just bought Premiere Elements 8, have installed all the patches and updates and I'm having a really frustrating problem. Every video I create, it doesn't matter what format - is constantly flickering from black to the video. Check out this sample.

http://www.fischindustries.com/fishytemp/flickeringclip.mov

All i did was create a new project (HDV 1080i), import the clip, and the 'SHARE' > Personal Computer > Quicktime, AVI, MPEG (I've tried them ALL). And the fast flickering video is all I get.

It does the same thing with different file formats for other clips as well. Any help or ideas would be extremely helpful and appreciated.

My computer specs are:

AMD Phenom II Quad Core 965 3.4 GHz processor

8 Gigs of RAM

64-bit Windows 7

ATI Radeon HD 5700 card

THANKS!

• 1. Re: Every exported video is flashing/flickering
          nealeh Level 5
          • Where has the clip come from? Use the GSpot Codec Information Appliance utility to analyse the file and post screen image.
          • How many hard disks do you have, are they formatted NTFS, how much free space on them?

Some basics:

• Install all Windows updates
          • Install latest version of QuickTime (v7.6.7 at time of writing)
          • Install most recent graphics and sound drivers from the manufacturers web sites
          • Run Disk Cleanup
          • Run Defragmenter
          • Post back here with the necessary information described here: Got a Problem? How to Get   Started

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Every exported video is flashing/flickering
            the_wine_snob Level 9

So, are you saying that you get the same flickers in PrE with ALL formats/CODEC's of source footage and also with every possible Share/Export setting?

Let's simplify things a bit, what source footage do you have available to test with? What we want to do is find some source footage, and then do a Project Preset that matches that footage 100%. If that causes the flickering, then there has to be a problem with your system, or your installation of PrE.

Do you have any DV-AVI Type II footage handy? If so, create an NTSC (or PAL) DV Project, and Import that footage into it. Drag those source Clips to the Timeline and play them. Do you still get the black flashes?

If so, then the first two things that I would do is to download the latest video driver (get the audio driver too), and install.

Next, check your version of QT Player, and update, if necessary.

Good luck, and let us know how the test Project goes.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Every exported video is flashing/flickering
              hiredhand858 Level 1

I'll test the AVI footage tonight and reply back. I should clarify...I can play the clips and movie in PE just fine, everything runs smooth etc, it's only when I create the exported video file that this happens...

• 4. Re: Every exported video is flashing/flickering
                the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, I was incorrect in that you got the same results in the PrE Timeline too. Thank you for that clarification.

The DV-AVI Project and Assets will give us an easy test. We can then move on to the Export/Share settings, where the issue is likely to reside.

Good luck, and please report,

Hunt