5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2007 11:13 AM by Damon Edwards

Contact Page

stary_eyes47
      Hi,

I am creating a contact page for a my website and I am having a bit of trouble. I have created the form in flash, and am using a php file to send the email to myself. The form works OK, but when it deliver's it to my inbox, I am getting all of this jibberish with the email Example:

Name: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE="14" COLOR="#242868" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Test</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
      Phone: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE="14" COLOR="#242868" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">111111111</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
      Email: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE="14" COLOR="#242868" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">someone@something.com</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
      Message: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE="14" COLOR="#242868" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">this is a test</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
      _childCounter: 1
      focus_mc: _level0.depthChild0

I was wondering if anyone knew a way that I could get it to send clean emails that I could read? My input boxes are named Name, Phone, Email and Message. The script I have used on my submit button is:

on (release) {
      if (Name eq "" or Phone eq "" or Email eq "" or Message eq "") {
      stop();
      } else {
      loadVariablesNum("form.php", 0, "POST");
      gotoAndStop(191);
      }
      }

And the PHP file is:

<?php

if (count($_POST)>0) $response = $_POST;
      else $response = $_GET;
      $Name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['Name'];
      $Phone = $HTTP_POST_VARS['Phone'];
      $Email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['Email'];
      $Enquiry = $HTTP_POST_VARS['Enquiry'];
      foreach ($response as $key => $val)
      {
      $msg .= "$key: $val";
      $msg .= "\r\n";
      }
      $msg = stripslashes($msg);
      mail("myemail@myemail.com", "Website Enquiry", $msg);
      ?>

Any help would be great as this is driving me insane!!!
        • 1. Re: Contact Page
          redbarn03
          I think it's probably in your php code. I use something like this.

$Name = $_POST["Name"];
          $Email = $_POST["Email"];
          $Phone = $_POST["Phone"];

$ToEmail = "myemail@ myemail.com";
          $ToSubject = "Websit Inquiry";

$EmailHeader="This person has submitted this feedback\n\n\n";
          $EmailBody = "Name: $Name\nEmail: $Email\nTelephone: $Phone\n";

$Message = $EmailHeader.$EmailBody;
          mail($ToName." <".$ToEmail.">",$ToSubject, $Message, "From: ".$FirstName." <".$Email.">");
          • 2. Re: Contact Page
            stary_eyes47 Level 1
            Thanks for that. I tried it but it still gives me the same jibberish in the email. I am so frustrated!!! I don't know what to do.
            • 3. Re: Contact Page
              redbarn03 Level 1
              In your Flash file do you have your variables set as input text? Mine are set as input text with an instance name and variable name. For example: the name field is Name_txt and the variable is Name.
              • 4. Re: Contact Page
                SymTsb Level 2
                check to see if you have the render html check box on. If you want to only send plain text, then the input box should not have htmlText set to true.
                • 5. Re: Contact Page
                  Damon Edwards Level 3
                  also, make sure Auto Kern is off on the text fields, if you are on a Mac, and it is grayed out and unchecked, then change the field to static, uncheck Auto Kern, then turn back to input. I recently had this problem, and there is some bug with Macs.