2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2011 2:16 AM by Andrei Ionescu-6R1Zfd

Flash Access DRM error: 3307

cfo12345

I've been trying to implement some tests using FlashAccess but I'm getting this error when calling the DRMManager.authenticate() method.  I'm using Flex Builder 4 and have built both Air and Flash apps attempting to get this call to succeed, but haven't yet.

The error

ArgumentError: Error #3307: Generic internal Flash Access failure.

The code:

var drmMgr:DRMManager.getDRMManager();

drmMgr.authenticate("http://mytest.server.com/flashaccess/authn/v1, "server.com", "bobby", "password" );

I've been following the steps given here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7ce3.html#WSe3d2d 52902616553-3a6b491211d1b2ce8d5-8000

I have performed the system update in step 3 and have event handlers set up, etc.

Any help or insights are very appreciated!!

• 1. Re: Flash Access DRM error: 3307
          stoem Level 1

I know this is an old post but just t let you know, I've run into the same error. It took me a while to figure out that I was passing an empty string (or maybe it was a null value) for username and password. Instead of throwing a meaningful error or authentication failure I saw this 'generic' error. Not very helpful...

Regards,

Stefan

• 2. Re: Flash Access DRM error: 3307
            Andrei Ionescu-6R1Zfd

If you're developing AIR applications for mobile devices you must give android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission. This is because when doing DRM the voucher/credentials that gets downloaded (mostly from f4m file) must be saved locally. Then the authentication process is trying to read the voucher from Flash Access server or local but neither is present because it has been downloaded from f4m file not Flash Access server and it also didn't got saved locally. The authentication process is implemented in video player and can be quite different from case to case.

So, in conclusion, give android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission in you AIR for mobile application.