2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2010 12:53 AM by Jean Demonceau

MessagingService on Blazeds. Best practices ?

Jean Demonceau

Hi,

I need to make my flex application communicate with an AIR app on separated server.

The solutions I found is to communicate with MessagingService and it works.

The Flex app sends messages on a destination "A" and is subscribed to a destination "B" for server response.

The AIR app sends messages on the destination "B" and is subscribed to the destination "A" for client requests.

I tryed using streaming amf communication but I don't know why, when I reload the AIR app or Flex app too much time, they are not able to connect anymore and I have to reload the domain...

So I choosed pooling communication and it seems to works better but not without any problems...

So the AIR app is subscribed on a destination using the pooling waiting for a message from the flex app.

The air app is supposed to run 24/7.

I wonder if it isn't "bad" for the server to have an app that pools each 3 sec 24/7.

I often have my java process up to 100% and I have to reload the domain.... and that a really bad things because I have a lot a websites on the domain...

I saw nowhere on the internet that we have to close, unsubscribe or something else to not overhead the java process...

What is the best practice ? What can I do to let the AIR app running 24/7 waiting for messages without being afraid of any crash ?

Is there a command to see if there are unclosed connection ? awaiting messages ? so I will be able to seek the problem.

Thanks