1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2010 10:41 AM by john beardsworth

Custom Web Template Creation

danieljcox

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in helping me come up with a custom web template for Lightroom 3.0 to be used for my business? My web team says that the new scripting language is beyond their skill set and I need to find someone to help. If anyone is interested I woudl like to discuss the possibilities. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Custom Web Template Creation
          john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If your web team can handle PHP, can I recommend they look at SlideShowPro Director? Its API lets them create web pages using a coding language that they're more likely to enjoy.

From your point of view, the workflow is better. With Lightroom's web templates, you will only get a static web site. If you want to add new images, you have to regenerate the site. Going down the SlideShowPro Director route, you use a Lightroom Export plug-in to send pictures to an online database, and the web page grabs images from this database. So it's much easier for you to change what's online, and much more time-efficient.

Contact me off-forum and I can point you to more details. I've no link to SlideShowPro other than liking their products.

John