5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2010 2:22 PM by the_wine_snob

no audio on videos after burnt to dvd

bdiddy32

im new to adobe premiere elements 8 and dont know much about computers. but i got a video edited and have soud clips on them. but after ive burnt it to a dvd there are no more clips. any advice would be helpfull

• 1. Re: no audio on videos after burnt to dvd
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Back in the Timeline of your Project, do you have full Audio, when you playback?

When you open Window>Audio Mixer, and playback, do you see the Levels Meters registering the Audio signals?

When you are in the DVD authoring section, and do a Preview, do you hear the Audio?

What is the format of the Audio in the Project? Are these MP3, by any chance?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: no audio on videos after burnt to dvd
            heelz32

yes i hear all the audio tracks when i playback in a preview. and the level meters go up for the audio. a couple of them are mp3 but some of them are songs recorded from a video camera and then i drag the video clips under the scenes and use them as audio clips. the previews work fine and i hear everything the way i want them to be. but as soon as i burn them to dvd there gone

• 3. Re: no audio on videos after burnt to dvd
              the_wine_snob Level 9

As a test, can you Burn to Folder, and then use a DVD software player to play the VIDEO_TS folder on the computer?

This will tell us if the Audio is getting lost in the authoring/Transcoding, or in the Burn to Disc phase.

Good luck, and let us know how the test goes,

Hunt

• 4. Re: no audio on videos after burnt to dvd
                nealeh Level 5

heelz32 wrote:

a couple of them are mp3

I suggest you convert these to uncompressed .WAV before importing to PRE.

heelz32 wrote:

some of them are songs recorded from a video camera and then i drag the video clips under the scenes and use them as audio clips.

When you drag the those video clips to the timeline, but only want the sound, I suggest you unlink the video/audio and delete the video part. I also suggest that you put the remaining audio onto a higher track number (e.g. Audio 2 or Audio 3).

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 5. Re: no audio on videos after burnt to dvd
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

For those MP3's, you might want to see this THREAD.

Good luck,

Hunt