2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2010 5:02 AM by rootsounds

mvc framework interrogation

Benoitcn

Which mvc framework is better to develop a mutil module flex application ?

Can any mvc framework instead of developing a mutil module application ?

• 1. Re: mvc framework interrogation
          Vackar Level 2

In my experience you need to know more about what you want to do before you can really pick one.

There are quite a few frameworks that make this easier, but it can still be done without them.

Flex is a great technology and makes MVC really easy to implement, so as long as you observe good coding practices you don't need anotehr framework

(I've never been a fan of Frameworks for frameworks)

Thanks,

Vackar

• 2. Re: mvc framework interrogation
            rootsounds Level 4

The word that you're looking for is "integration".

Flex supports the MVC pattern right out of the box if you make use of the code-behind approach in which MXML files are strictly your view, the root element of the MXML is a custom class which acts as your controller, and of course supporting model classes are used in the controller. It works pretty well as long as your discipline yourself.

http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/Flex/Code+Behind

There are at least several frameworks available that take the MVC pattern organization to the next level. I've read a bit about them, but don't have any experience to offer. If you have a project with significant enough complexity, then you will probably be able to justify the overhead (learning curve, setup, and runtime resources) of using one of them.