3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2010 10:07 PM by Kevin Goldsmith

Default export location not set to pbk file location

RC1290Dreadnought

(Pixel Bender 2.1.432154 On Windows 7 64-bit)

After opening an existing .pbk file and going to 'File>Export Filter for Flash Player...', the default location is [Username]\Documents\Adobe\Pixel Bender in stead of the location of the file you are trying to export. Only when you do 'File>Save Filter As', the default export location is set the same as the location of the file.

Is this intentional?

I would prefer the 'Export Filter for Flash Player' to always use the location of the file you are trying to export, not just after you did 'Save Filter As'. It would save me some time .

- RC-1290'Dreadnought'

P.S. since Pixel Bender 2.0, the GPU mode not functioning, using ATI HD3870 or ATI HD3200. fine with my HD3870 and my HD3200

• 1. Re: Default export location not set to pbk file location
          Kevin Goldsmith Level 3

we tried to reproduce the bug you are seeing, but haven't been able to. It should work the way that you expect (exports to the same location that you loaded from). Can you give the exact steps to make the bug happen?

Also, glad to know that it is working correctly on your card!

thanks!

Kevin

• 2. Re: Default export location not set to pbk file location
            RC1290Dreadnought Level 1

Ah, I see, when you open PixelBender first then go to to 'Open Filter' and navigate to where your filter is saved, everything works fine.

I usually double click the pbk files through Windows Explorer, or open them from the Project Explorer in FlashDevelop (which opens the file as if it was opened through Windows Explorer). So it seems like this happens when you haven't 'visited' the pbk file through the explorer in Pixel Bender (like 'Open Filter' and 'Save Filter As').

I have the files saved in a project folder ('Z:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Flash\Procedural\Terrain generator\bin\Shaders', Windows 7 is installed on 'Z:\')

So you should be able to replicate the problem by navigating to a pixel bender kernel file that is saved in a non-default location, with Explorer or equivalent. Then choose 'Export Filter for Flash Player'. Which will then show you 'Z:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Adobe\Pixel Bender' in stead of the location where the pbk file was saved. And even though 'Save FIlter As' makes Pixel Bender Remember the last used location, 'Export Filter for Flash Player' does not. Or at least, not for me.

I hope this helps .

- RC-1290'Dreadnought'

• 3. Re: Default export location not set to pbk file location
              Kevin Goldsmith Level 3

actually, that is very helpful!

thanks!